2010年6月24日星期四

shoes

I’m working in LA, and have had a chance to eat some really terrific Korean food in Garden Grove, a very Korean suburb, while I’m at it. If you’re ever there, check out Morangak, where the barbecued meat and vegetables were fresh and delicious. Here are a couple photos to entice you.


In every major city I visit, but particularly in LA, Korean food and products, as well as Korean spas, have long been my salvation from expensive mainstream products.
Why do some Korean women have such amazing skin? It’s not magic. It’s because they eat tons of antioxidant-loaded greens, kimchi and tea (green, barley, plum, persimmon, etc.), obsess over their creams, zealously protect with hats, ugly visors, staying inside and sunglasses, and spend lots of time at the Korean spa having facials and scrubs done. And any woman can follow that formula. I have used the Korean lotions and cleansers from Amore and Laneige for years, and they are much cheaper than Shiseido, with the same end results.
I’ve written about traditional Korean shoes and girly Korean shoes in Korea before. But lately I’ve been wondering about whether I can get Korean shoes here in LA. So far, all I’ve come across are a few pairs of excellent support shoes for cheaper prices at Home Mart in LA, but tomorrow I’m going to Koreatown again to check out a few shops, so if I find anything good for the ladies lacking foot problems, I’ll report back soon.
In the meantime, I highly recommend these support shoes. My mum tried them on and said they were very comfortable. Made for standing for long periods or walking, they are shaped to roll as you walk and have a high arch support for those who are sadly flat-footed (yours truly will probably be wearing them by age 35 while all my beautiful shoes sit in the closet).
You can check your sizes for Ebi shoes by calling Home Mart at (213) 908-0807. They are located at 808 S. Western.

没有评论:

发表评论