2010年6月24日星期四

LD Tuttle ‘Sheer’ hybrid boots

I’m just feeling attracted to funky shoes today.

Great example?

This open-toed boot/sandal hybrid from LD Tuttle.



LD Tuttle ‘Sheer’ Cutout Wedge Open-Toed Sandal Boots $525 $366.99 at Saks.com

Hybrid styles are so much fun to look at. I particularly like the murky olive-brown tones and distressed leather appearance on these (just try to forget that someone actually named this color ’sludge’). They bring images to mind of what a post-apocalyptic debutante might wear. And yes, I do mean that in a good way. Tank Girl, anyone? Now, coming back down to the real world, these would look great with a pair of denim capris or add a look of lived-in comfort when matched with a flowy spring dress. I also love that molded heel; it helps these to stand out amid the sea of hybrid styles that are everywhere this year.

But, like many other boot hybrids that have caught my attention (of which I still can’t come up with a better name than ‘hybrid’ – sandal-boots is strange and cumbersome and open-toed boot doesn’t really capture the sandal side apparent in these styles), I still haven’t decided to take the ownership plunge on any of them. I see too many 90°+ days in the summer for covered ankles and too many under 45° in the winter for me to flirt with blisters and frostbite for the sake of fashion.

Some styles are only appropriate if you happen to live in one of those permanently-temperate zones where 70° is the norm. I do not happen to live in any of these magical, perfect-weather lands

没有评论:

发表评论