2010年6月27日星期日

Flirty Caovilla crushes at YOOX

I don’t buy shoes because they are in fashion or stylish, per se. I simply like them –
and if I think I will still like them seasons and years from now, I may be willing to
spend higher prices for that – as I perceive it – value. But, if I can find that same
shoe a little bit later at a discount, that is like a double-win.
As a result, I love YOOX. You can find fabulous after-season shoes at some great
discounts. As I slowly shape up my budget, I will definitely be visiting YOOX with more
regularity. As it is, my YOOX dreambox(wishlist) is almost always full.
So, here are a handful of Renee Caovilla sandals that I have been eying over at YOOX but
have not yet decided whether to add to my YOOX dreambox.
Rene Caovilla Women’s beaded ankle-wrap sandals $590 $355
I like these almost as much as the floral versions shown here. But, the price on these
beaded sandals is accessible, if not exactly cheap; giving them more than a slight edge
over the $835 floral version…and doesn’t that base price rising from $590 to $835 show
us just how much prices have changed over just a couple of years?
Renee Caovilla pailette platform slides $550 $385
These are cute, but I’m a little leary of slides. I’m occasionally clutsy on my feet, so
I generally like to have a slingback or ankle-strap to protect me from my occasionally
betraying ankles. Plus, my pants inevitably get caught between my heel & the top of the
slide. Annoying. But, if you want a different way to indulge current trends while clog
styles are still extra-hot on the fashion scene, these are refreshingly different. And,
once the current fad for clogs die down, they’ll still be an adorable pop of color.
Rene Caovilla platform demi-wedge sandals $570 $342.
Okay, here’s one of those YOOX downsides. I love how different these sandas are while
still being crazy-cute and sweetly-sexy. But there are currently no pairs in my size.
These are a possible dreambox entry anyway, just to remind me to keep an after-market eye
-out for these.
Rene Caovilla crystal sandals $590 $395
Ah, bling – always a great place to start on shoes. Yet again, my size is not available.

没有评论:

发表评论