2010年6月27日星期日

Ad Campaigns for Spring 2010

A ton of money goes into ad campaigns as the fashion industry tries to convince us to purchase their product. The US fashion industry alone spent $144 billion on advertising last year. Several lines have released some of their ads for Spring and Summer 2010. Some are great, some are not. Let’s have a look.
I am weary of the pouting, leggy girl, wearing nothing more than lingerie, heels and a come hither look, sitting or laying on a sofa/chair, with soft focus. Virtually every shoe, handbag, fragrance, lingerie, and cosmetic advertisement features at least three of these components. Snore.
Alexander McQueen’s ad is visually striking. It took me a while to find the shoes, then the girl. It’s a great ad, but the only thing I see is snakes.
Humor in ads almost always attracts me, which is why this Giuseppi Zanotti is one of my favorites. I can’t decide which is cuter, the boy or the shoe.
If the product is not attractive, such as the Alexander McQueen or Balenciaga shoes, then a striking advertisement will make no difference. I’m not buying it. With the Paciotti and Choo shoes, the ad is tiresome, but it does let me get a look at the shoes. The Zanotti ad is able to feature a shoe and not annoy me. That boy is SO cute. It does it’s job. Which ads work for you, which ones don’t?
Update: Here’s Chanel’s Spring 2010 which was shot by Karl Lagerfield.

没有评论:

发表评论